As New Years comes to a close, I must also say goodbye to some of the things I love the most: wine and cheese.
Welcome to my exciting journey to refresh the soul during Whole 30. What is the Whole 30? See my last blog post to learn more about it.
Why am I doing Whole 30? (In no particular order)
- With stress eating and the holidays, I have not only gained weight, but I have created and re-created some bad habits with food. I want to create new habits and break (and more importantly identify) old habits.
- To boost my confidence – the amount of self control it takes to cut out grains, dairy, soy, sugar, legumes, and alcohol is immense! To know after the 30 days that I have been able to control what I eat and eat clean will make me feel amazing.
- To break the emotional connection with food. I don’t want to grab a bag of chips because I’m overwhelmed by all of the things on my to-do list. Or drink that glass of wine.
- To learn to cook a variety of clean eating recipes
- To improve my body image.
What I Ate Today:
Breakfast: Diced potatoes with onions, garlic, and eggs.
Lunch: Cucumbers dipped in guacamole (I didn’t have time to meal prep yesterday – oops).
Dinner: Baked tilapia with red pepper relish (see below) with a side salad – loosely based on the Whole 30 Recipe in the Whole 30 Book (p. 242)
How I’m Feeling:
- I craved chocolate today. And chips. I resisted.
- I have been so thirsty despite the large amount of water I’ve drank today
- Proud of myself for preparing lunch for the week! (Whole 30 chilli)
- I have a bit of a headache currently but I am diffusing some essential oils and ready to tackle the next thing on my to-do list.