Last year, I participated in CAMH’s event One Brave Night. CAMH One Brave Night for Mental Health™ is a Canada-wide challenge to inspire hope for those affected by mental illness. It starts now and continues through to Friday, April 6.
For those who are unfamiliar with CAMH, it is the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. It is the largest mental health and addictions teaching hospital. Their One Brave Night campaign has had the following impact for mental health initiatives:
- Create three new youth clinics to help address the gap in mental health treatment.
- Inspire hope through discovery by testing new treatment options for people with severe and treatment-resistant depression.
- Publish over 500 journal articles, sharing the incredible discoveries made at CAMH.
- Continue to redevelop CAMH facilities to build treatment, education and research spaces that reflect respect for patients and hope for recovery.
- Expand effective and timely access to mental health services in remote and underserved communities around the country through technology and access to telepsychiatry.
I am proud to say that I am taking part in it again this year and have set my fundraising goal at $250.
If you are interested in supporting my fundraising efforts, you can donate at this link. If you are interested in joining my fundraising team, you may do so at this link. My Team Name is Stomp Out Stigma.
Happy Motivation Monday!