When browsing through soup recipes, one I would not have thought to make is Dill Pickle Soup. However, through the recommendation of a friend, I thought I would venture out of my comfort zone and give it a try.
I love dill pickle chips – they’re high up there on my list of preferred chip flavours. I also enjoy a good tasting dill pickle.
The soup was incredibly easy to make. The recipe comes from Genius Kitchen.
Variations I made to the recipe:
- I used baby dill pickles as they were the only ones I could find in my house (only to find larger ones later). I used 5 baby dill pickles.
- I used instant mashed potatoes to save time
- The soup was actually much better than I thought it might be. At first thought, it sounded good but it also came with unfamiliar territory
- It was more potatoey than it was pickley which made it taste more like a dilly potato soup
- I would likely make this again but like the jalapeno popper soup, it only made 4 servings.
- Worth a try for anyone who likes dill pickle 🙂