Happy Easter, everyone! Here we are in a new month and with a new month come new opportunities and new goals to be set.
This month’s focus is: eliminating distractions.
Like the rest of us (probably…I shouldn’t generalize), I enjoy unwinding with a Netflix show or spending countless hours on Pinterest pinning recipes or clothing ideas or exercise ideas (rather than actually exercising).
This month is going to be a busy one:
- My first draft of my master’s thesis is due in three weeks from today.
- I am going on a trip at the end of the month
- My friend is visiting next week
- I am helping develop a training guide for work
- Get work done each night.
- No Netflix as breaks, unwind at the end of the night when productivity has decreased
- Take breaks with music, short youtube videos, or stretching. If surfing on Pinterest, set timer on phone
- Go to the gym 2-3 times a week
- Reduce the amount of dairy and grains I am consuming – perhaps reintroduce a paleo-type diet.
- Use the Self-Control app when working on my thesis so there is no access to social media during that time.
- Make lists to help make tasks more manageable
- Have a bit of a social life (if possible)
- Meditate 2 times a day