Happy Wellness Wednesday or Well-being Wednesday! (reader’s preference)
We made it to hump day. How are you feeling?
I feel pretty good, considering this week feels like it is moving very slowly, it has been a good week so far.
A (Mid)Week in Review
This week, I have already started to make a few changes to my morning and evening routines:
- I have reduced the amount of screen time when I wake up and before bed.
- I have started using skin care products in the morning and evening and have been much better about remembering to take off my makeup at night
- I have started meditating in both the morning when I wake up (~5 minutes) and before bed (~30 minutes…but I usually fall asleep partway through)
- I keep a water bottle beside my bed so I can have some water in the morning before my morning coffee or tea
- I am keeping up with my Five Minute Journal more. Starting the day off with gratitude is very pleasant!
- I am trying to read a bit before bed each night while I “unplug.” I always complain I don’t have time to read. So I am making the time!
Other Victories So Far This Week:
- I tried vegan cheese…and loved it! (Nuts for Cheese is the company. They’re based in London, ON.)
- Fell in love with Farm Boy (again)
- Made plans with friends I haven’t seen in a while
- I have read and made notes on several articles for my dissertation
- I got a gym membership for a place much closer to my house with several locations around the world! They offer yoga and Pound! classes and I am so excited to try them out!
- I created a Daily Affirmations jar
What are Daily Affirmations?
As stated in the Five Minute Journal, daily affirmations are statements of what you want in your life. Every time you write or say these statements, you are priming your brain and yourself to start believing these beliefs. If you get the Five Minute Journal, they include information about a psychological study that also goes into the logic behind daily affirmations but if you want more quick information, here’s a link with some examples: https://dailyburn.com/life/lifestyle/instagram-positive-affirmations/
What is MY Daily Affirmation?
The one I write in my journal every day is a combination of two of the examples in the Five Minute Journal. Honestly, I found it difficult in the moment to come up with my own even though a quick Google search would’ve helped at the time.
This is my daily affirmation:
I am comfortable in my own skin and I live with passion and purpose.
I made a jar with 21 other affirmations and I will read one each day in addition to increase more positive vibes and using the Law of Attraction.